Although as individuals we are always in transition, I believe it is necesary to have static markers representing our current state in reference to the universe. We are mortal, we were born into this world, and inevitably we will eventually die. Consider this post to mark the beginning of a quarter life transition. I figure that the best way to measure and document this is to have an open, publicly available record of my goals and my journey in pursuing meaning in life.
I have the following high priority goals, and I will revisit these goals as I progress forward with my life.
- Continue to build and iterate on my personal web application, UDIA.
- This application is the software component of my pursuit of meaning in life. It is the understanding that the Universe Dreams, I’m Aware. It is solipsism taken to it’s extreme, it is the act of bringing focus to self reflection.
- Deadline: not set, software will always evolve.
- Expand my machine learning knowledge.
- This will be accomplished by taking and completing the Andrew Ng’s Machine Learning course on Coursera.
- This course begins on August 21st and ends sometime late November. I will post updates on this blog as I progress with that course.
- Deadline: Course begins on August 21st. Continue as per syllabus instructions.
- Apply to the University of Alberta’s Computing Science Master’s degree program.
- The application acceptance start date is October 3rd, 2017 for the Fall 2018 term. (Application Information)
- This will further enhance my machine learning knowledge and allow me to stay relevant in the global landscape.
- Deadline: January 15th, 2018 is the Fall 2018 application deadline.
During my pursuit of these goals, I will remain kind to myself and to others. I will adapt to setbacks and mishaps as they occur. Even though the meaning of existence is clear and profound, it is not enough to understand that life is a game- it is necessary to also play.